Fairview Primary School

Fairview Primary School

Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School Life at Fairview Primary School

Senior Football

Pupils from Primary 6 and Primary 7 meet each Tuesday afternoon from 3pm until 4.30pm for senior football practice. This year, from an enrolment of almost 50 pupils, teams are chosen to compete in the local Ballyclare and District 7-a-side league, Newtownabbey Primary Schools 9-a-side league competition, Ulster Bank Cup and Newtownabbey Cup as well as other tournaments and competitions in the local area.

Each year we have a very successful senior football team who compete in and often win many of these competitions. In addition, we recently introduced a girls' football team who have competed in the local girls football tournament for the past 3 years and won the competition in 2017. 




Goal Scorers


Newtownabbey Primary Schools League Competition

W2-0 v Templepatrick

W1-0 v Greenisland

L3-0 v King's Park

W2-1 v St. Bernards

W2-0 v Carnmoney

D1-1 v Whitehouse

Cooper Lambe (3)

Austin Adair (4)

Ollie Wilson (1)


Ballyclare & District Large Schools Tournament
Day 1

D1-1 v Ballyclare

W3-0 v Templepatrick

W6-0 v Loanends

Cooper Lambe (3)

Austin Adair (3)

Ollie Wilson (3)

Joshua Tweed (1)


Ballyclare & District Large Schools Tournament
Day 2

D0-0 v Ballyclare

W3-0 v Templepatrick

W3-0 v Loanends

Austin Adair (1)

Cooper Lambe (3)

William Waite (1)

Ollie Wilson (1)






W6-0 v Carnmoney

W4-0 v St. Bernards

W6-1 v Hollybank

D2-2 v Greenisland

W3-2 v King's Park

W3-0 v Templepatrick

W1-0 (final) v Mossley

Austin Adair (6)

Cooper Lambe (5)

William Waite (1)

Ollie Wilson (6)

Jake Corry (3)

Joshua Tweed (3)

Leading Goalscorers


Austin Adair


Cooper Lambe


Ollie Wilson


William Waite


Joshua Tweed


Jake Corry


AMJR Cup Triumph for Senior Football Team 


Our senior football team were victorious this week in the AMJR Cup, a competition for all schools in the Newtownabbey area. Fourteen teams took part, split into two groups. Our boys beat Carnmoney 6-0 in their first game, followed by a 4-0 victory against St. Bernards. The football played by the entire squad was a joy to watch and some of the goals were special, notably a goal by Jake Corry after an immaculate chipped pass through the defence from Joshua Tweed. William Waite also scored his first goal of the season. Third game was another comprehensive victory after going a goal behind. The eventual 6-1 scoreline was a fair reflection on a dominant display of intricate passing and attacking football by Fairview. Ollie Wilson got a hat trick in this game.

The final three games in the group were tougher, starting with a hard earned 2-2 draw against Greenisland, Ollie Wilson with another 2 goals. The big game in the group was against Kings Park who had won all their games to date. Joshua Tweed and Jake Corry gave Fairview a 2-0 lead before Kings Park pulled a goal back. Some tremendous defending by Samuel Logan and Austin Adair at centre back maintained our narrow lead, with Ewan Lannie and Noah Bell giving great cover at full back. It was a burst forward from Noah that helped create the chance for Cooper Lambe to give Fairview a 3-1 lead. A Kings Park second made for a nervy finale but Fairview held on. A dominant 3-0 win in the final group game against Templepatrick ensured Fairview made the final.

The final was a very tight game and only some fine goalkeeping by Elijah Adair kept the scores level. As extra time looked inevitable, Austin Adair showed determination and athleticism to make a burst into the Mossley box and calmly slot the ball past the onrushing keeper. With only seconds left, Fairview kept their discipline and secured a thoroughly deserved victory. As a team, the boys could not have been better. Well done!

Ballyclare and District Football Tournament

Last Friday the senior football team travelled to Allen Park in Antrim for the second of the local football tournaments held by the Ballyclare & District Primary Principals Association. We began the day with a 0-0 draw against Ballyclare PS. Both teams had chances to score during the game but strong defending and good goalkeeping meant that the deadlock could not be broken. In the next game we played Templepatrick PS. Austin Adair opened the scoring from a header after Cooper Lambe’s original shot had rebounded off the crossbar. Cooper himself then followed up with 2 goals of his own. The first was an excellent strike into the roof of the net past the outstretched hand of the ‘keeper and his second was a well-placed shot, low into the bottom corner to make it 3-0 and seal the win. In our final match against Loanends PS, debutant Jake Corry almost opened the scoring in the first few seconds. After receiving the ball on the left wing, he beat two players before shooting from a tight angle but was unlucky to see his shot rebound off the near post to safety. However, Fairview did take the lead a few minutes later when a corner from William Waite forced the keeper into a mistake and the ball ended up in the back of the net. Cooper Lambe doubled the lead soon after, receiving a great through ball from Joshua Tweed before striking from distance. Ollie Wilson scored in the last minute, cutting inside his man and striking the ball into the roof of the net to make it 3-0. Recognition must also go to our goalkeeper and defenders who remained unbeaten all day; Elijah Adair, Samuel Logan, Ewan Lannie and Noah Bell.

Football Success at Allen Park

Last Friday the senior football team travelled to Allen Park in Antrim for the first of the Ballyclare and District Primary Principals’ Association football league days.  On each day, each participating school plays each other once with the points total at the end of the 4 days determining the overall winning school.  We began the day with a 1-1 draw against Ballyclare PS.  We went 1-0 up early on through Cooper Lambe but Ballyclare equalised soon after.  Both teams had chances to score late in the game but the score remained 1-1.  In our next match we beat Templepatrick PS 3-0.  Cooper Lambe again opened the scoring, followed up soon after by two goals from Austin Adair to secure the win.  Our final win was against Loanends PS which we won 6-0.  This time it was Austin Adair who opened the scoring, followed by Cooper Lambe.  Ollie Wilson scored the third followed by Joshua Tweed to make it 4-0.  Two more goals from Ollie Wilson rounded off a comfortable 6-0 win.


Newtownabbey Primary Schools League Competition

On Tuesday 8th October, the senior football team travelled to the Valley V36 complex for the first tournament of the year. Each school played each other once with the winner being the team with the most points at the end.
In our first game, we played Templepatrick PS. Cooper Lambe opened the scoring after great build up play from Joshua Tweed before Austin Adair doubled the lead when he found himself unmarked just 5 yards out. Final score: Fairview 2-0 Templepatrick.
Next up was Greenisland PS. Both teams had good chances early on which were well defended or produced super saves from the opposing keepers. The Greenisland goalkeeper made a super save with his legs when Austin looked certain to score while at the other end Elijah Adair did well to palm a looping shot to safety as it moved in the strong winds. It was Fairview who took the lead however late in the game; a long ball over the top found Austin Adair unmarked and he turned and slotted the ball under the keeper to win the game. Final score: Fairview 1-0 Greenisland.
The third game saw us face tournament favourites and reigning champions King's Park PS. It was a tight game to begin and the Fairview boys knew that they had to work hard if they were to get a result. Great passing and movement on the right followed by a pin-point cross led to King's Park's opener. Their second goal soon followed after a defensive mix-up and was narrowly missed by Elijah in goals. Fairview conceded a third late in the game after great approach play. Final Score: Fairview 0-3 King's Park.
In our next game we played St. Bernard's PS from Glengormley. The Fairview boys had lost their rhythm and confidence after the previous game and soon found themselves 1-0 down again as St. Bernards took the lead. However, they didn't give up and their persistence paid off when Cooper Lambe found himself through on goal and was able to find the corner of the net past the outstretched leg of the keeper. With a draw looking imminent, the ball was cleared by the St. Bernards defence but only as far as Cooper Lambe who struck his shot through the crowd of players and scored his second of the game. Final Score: Fairview 2-1 St. Bernards.
Our penultimate match was against Carnmoney PS who are always tough opposition and this year proved no different. The Fairview defence had to be on their game as Carnmoney burst through on numerous occasions but couldn't find the back of the net. However, Fairview grew into the game and scored the opening goal after great team play. Joshua Tweed beat his marker on the right wing before crossing for Austin Adair who was clinical with his strike, securing the one goal lead. A few minutes later it was Ollie Wilson's turn to add his name to the goal-scoring chart. A great pass from Ewan Lannie found Ollie 10 yards from goal and he was able to swivel and shoot, the shot nestling in the bottom left corner of the goal to make it 2-0. Final Score: Fairview 2-0 Carnmoney
In the final game we played Whitehouse PS for what was effectively the second place playoff match. Again, both teams saw chances well blocked before Whitehouse broke the deadlock. The Whitehouse player found space on the right and was able to strike the ball sweetly into the far corner of the goal to make it 1-0. Whitehouse almost doubled their lead after a penalty decision, however the impressive Elijah Adair in nets not only made the initial save but managed to get down and hold on to the ball before the striker had the chance to pounce. In almost the last kick of the game, a ball over the top from Cooper Lambe fell to the feet of Austin Adair. He turned and poked the ball towards goal, beating the keeper and finding the back of the net to equalise, meaning that both teams would share the runners-up position. Final Score: Fairview 1-1 Whitehouse.

Well done to every player who took part and a huge congratulations for finishing as runners-up in your first tournament of the year.